Saturday, November 8, 2008

.Friends are coming over...

Yesterday my oldest son announce that his best friends, the Liptaks boys, were coming to visit us in SD. next semmer as soon as school ended!
The excitement of the moment was amazing as we sat down to imagine the things they would do together.
In my heart I started wondering when I would see all my friends again, so many faces come to my mind, each with a story store in my heart each one precious and very special. People have asked me here, do you miss China? and I say yes! I miss the culture, I miss learning a new language, I miss sharing what has been entrusted to me, I miss having my kids benefit from having a longer exposure to another culture, I miss most of all all my girlfriends there. Because this was experience was such a gift from God, we have grown as a family, we have learned that He truly has great things prepared for His children.
So tonight my mind is very especially thinking about our friends in China, so many happy memories...The highlight of our time there was definitely all the wonderful people we met.

You all keep coming over and over in my mind, you will always be welcome in my heart.

Grateful for you,
Maribel

2 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

That is fun. What a blessing of friendship the Lord brought to your boys, too. That will be different meeting in your American home and not your apartment here.

Lynne said...

I so hope our boys can come to your house next summer... their plans, of course, are not ones they have cleared with their parents! :-) Scott has recently communicated with his uncle about the canoe trip... he says August is best, in order to have it be the best weather. We need to talk again SOON! I need to catch up with you, and maybe we can help our boys come up with realistic plans, as well. :-) Love you!